Olympic Opening Ceremony...Awesome!

Date: 13th February

Wow, I have just returned to Calgary after the Olympic Opening Ceremony...and it was brilliant. Team GB were the best dressed, or atleast up there, and the red beret went down really well...and it grew on me! I must say walking through the underground with the performers and volunteers cheering and giving high 5 fives made the hairs on my back stand up. Thats when it started to hit home I AM AT THE OLYMPICS!!! Walking into the stadium was overwhelming, its just surreal. Very special. I thought KD Lang was one of the highlights of the ceremony, and I thought the minute silence for the Georgian Luge athlete who so tragically died in training earlier that day, was also done very well. The feeling of being in their amongst all the athletes from all nations was really quite special. I slept in the Olympic village but didn't have a lot of time to find my way around or make myself at home. I did like that we got a little token which hangs on our accreditation and you can walk up to any Coke Vending machine, swipe it and get what you want...free! SO COOL! I then flew back to Calgary for more training. I think I will be heading back to Vancouver on the 16th Feb. Unfortunately due to legal reasons we are unable to put photos from the opening ceremony on our blogs, so I will put some from before we got on the bus as a team. Go Team GB!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I work with Andy and would like to wish you every success in your Olympic dream. You've wored so hard for so long and deserve the best. Take care and if you don't get through at least have the best time of your life.
    xx
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete