British Pre-Olympic camp in Calgary, Canada

Date: 6th February 2010

I am writing from the British Pre-Olympic Games camp in Calgary. I arrived here absolutely exhausted and completely run down. After a few days of rehydrating, eating, resting and doing physical maintenance I am feeling human again!! These past 6 weeks have been the hardest of my life! The facilities here are excellent! It has been a great opportunity to meet so many of the other British Olympic athletes. It is so nice to have access to a Physio, Maggie has been amazing, working on me everyday, fixing up season long problems! We also have a fantastic performance centre with hydration testing daily, spin bikes, power plates, rollers, balls, BOSE sound system, everything you could need for a good recovery as well as daily hot/cold contrast baths which work a treat!

We have access to a starting gate and about 6 features up at Calgary Olympic Park where we are training most days. We also have access to the Calgary University Gym which has fantastic facilities and everything I could need and more, to maintain my strength and power.

Remy has arrived from France and it is all starting to become a bit more real. In just a few days I will be an Olympian!!! I feel so proud to have earnt the only ski cross quota spot for Great Britain at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics! I will be, and will always be the first ever Ski Cross Olympian from Great Britain!!! I was told something pretty cool tonight, there are over 7 billion people in the world, there are 35 Ladies who are going to be Ski Cross Olympians, which makes me 1 in 200 million! What a brilliant statistic!!!!

My schedule from here on is as follows:

12th Feb: Depart Calgary camp for Vancouver Opening ceremony
13th Feb: Depart Vancouver and return back to Calgary camp for more training
17th Feb: Officially depart Calgary camp for Vancouver Olympic Village
18th Feb: Ski Cross Inspection Cypress Mountain
19th Feb: Ski Cross Official training Cypress Mountain
20th Feb: Ski Cross Official training Cypress Mountain

21st Feb: Mens Ski Cross competition
22nd Feb: Ski Cross Official training Cypress Mountain
23rd Feb: Ski Cross Qualification and Finals Cypress Mountain!!!!!!!!!

I also added a new video from Alpe D'Huez, it was good skiing! You can find it in my 'Photos and Video' section in the navigation bar. Enjoy! Ok bed time here, off to COP in the morning for more training up on the course! Be in touch soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment