St Injection in Tirol/Oberndorf World Cup, Austria - 34th

Date: 10th January 2010

After spending christmas and new years in Spain with Chio and her family and driving across to Portugal and being denied a passport stamp!!! We had a night in Munich at Sabine's before heading to St Johann in Tirol, and yet again, it lived up to its name St Injection. They had brought their injecting machine across from Kitzbuhel once again and injected the hill a few times. It was see through ice and the course was slightly longer than last year. The training day saw quite a few injuries. I had a decent run in qualification making one vital mistake onto the flat, losing speed but finishing in 34th position. I was disappointed as I missed out on qualifying by only 0.15sec. Anna Woerner of Germany was the last to qualify in 32nd and she went on to gain 4th in the finals. This was at least promising. There were A LOT of injuries due to the injected hill and the nature of the course, but it was a night event and had a great environment and was a great spectacle. We travelled across to France the following day to Les Contamines for the following world cup. My training went well, but I just froze up in qualification and just had a shocker. That is 5 times I have competed in Contamines and I am yet to have a decent result there. I am determined to change that next year. Looking forward to Alpe D'Huez, the last of the qualification events for Olympic Games. I will be in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment