Alpe D’'Huez World Cup, I made finals! 27th...and the car broke again!

Date: 15th January 2010

We have just finished up the final Olympic qualification event in Alpe D'Huez France. Fortunately I skied well. It was a great course, with quite a lot of features. I skied well in training and then managed to take a great line in my qualification run finally qualifying for the finals in 27th position. The good news was, we got presented with our bibs at a big presentation in town and I managed to squeeze in a lunge whilst collecting mine!!! (see photos below!) Unfortunately, due to a huge snowfall, the course was deemed too dangerous the following day for finals and they cancelled them and fell back on the qualification result. I was soo excited to finally make the finals and have a chance to better my result, but 27th is still a top result. Stoked! This moved my position on the World Ranking List upward, making my chances of Olympic qualification more promising. We were travelling from Alpe D'Huez back to Peissey for the night, before driving the 12 hours back to the UK, when driving along the highway the back suspension fell off the Vectra and Gus thought the back wheel had fallen off. Fortunately everyone was fine, but the stress levels were elevated that's for sure! Insurance managed to fly me to the UK so I could connect onto my flight to Toronto for the next World Cup in Blue Mountain, Cannada. Only problem was that they have valued my car at too little to tow it back to the UK and said the repair was worth more than the car, so my car is still in France, with the back of the car lying on the tyres!! Just another thing to deal with at a later stage. My focus right now is the next races and ensuring my selection for the Olympics.





No comments:

Post a Comment