Blue Mountain World Cup, Canada - 31st

Date 21st January 2010

The course in Blue Mountain was quite flat, and open, it was a gliding sort of course up the top. It ran quite well on the training day however, once qualification came along, of course we got a massive snow storm mid race. The first girls had a pretty slick icy course. After the snow storm set in, and started absolutely pelting down large flakes, We had a course hold at bib 23, Noriko got flagged and came around for another re run, she slotted in just before us. They had a course hold after bib 29 by which time 2 inches of fresh snow had come down. The race was basically over, we had no chance, we had powder on the track and bad visibility and no one managed to be competitive after that. It was a bit disappointing but managed to qualify in 30th place atleast for finals. We went out the next day to improved weather and the course was in nice condition. I had a very tough heat, Ophelie David (FRA), Marte Gjefson (NOR) - the eventual winner and Aleisha Cline (CAN). I had a decent start but from the outside it was difficult to get across, then we stood on eachothers skis around the first corner, by the time I moved myself off Aleisha's skis, I felt like everyone took off, so I did my best to follow and catch up, but it wasn't a terribly exciting heat. It was great experience and awesome to get some more training in heats. Off to Lake Placid now for the final World Cup prior to the Olympics. I'll be in touch from Placid. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment