Update from Switzerland World Cups

Date: 10th March 2008

After the Spain incident, I took 6 days off and went to Prague to sight see and meet up with a friend. Good news was that once the swelling went down I could close my jaw and eat meat again! The jaw was not broken!! Prague was really nice and I would recommend it to anyone, I managed to come across the most amazing flashing dancefloor there as well, if ever in Prague and in need of a good night out with retro music and as I said an amazing dancefloor...just drop me an email and I will send you the bearings! Good times! I spent most of the time recovering and enjoying time off snow.
At the end of the week I traveled to Geneva and was picked up by team mate Em, No luggage arrived of course, standard procedure...and off we set to Grindelwald for 2 open Swiss cup races and a world cup. The weather was terrible, raining and wind so the events were canceled, as were the training days. I had the stitches removed from my neck in Interlakan hospital and was ready to go! They managed to pull off the world cup after a few days. It wasn't until I put my ski boots on about 8 days after the accident in Spain that I realised, I actually hurt my leg quite badly in the crash and was in a lo of pain, but had not realised as I was more concerned about the bleeding neck and potentially broken jaw to have realised at the time. Not to mention I lacked confidence in general after the crash! I only managed to get one training run in as they closed the chairlift due to wind and I qualified slowly pushing me back to 25th in the field. We then continued on to Meiringen where we had another world cup. I was unsure initially whether I would start due to my leg, I did the training and thought it is the last event just grit your teeth, take some more panadol and mobic and do it...so I did and yes produced a bad result surprisingly! To be honest, I broke after this event, physically, mentally and emotionally I was ready to go home!!! It was shortly after this that we were asked to attend the World Cup finals in Valmalenco, where they only take 16 ladies and 32 men, which we were really pleased about and was worth waiting around for! (Even though 2 hours prior I had been heard saying.."Get me on a plane home NOW!". So I have headed back to Meribel with Em and had a few days down in Brides Les Baine relaxing and resting the leg. Next news will be from Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment