Update from Bormio Europa Cup - 8th!

Date: 5th February 2008

I have just got back from the next event on the circuit, a Europa Cup SX in Bormio, Italy. Due to a large overnight snowfall on Friday, the course was extremely bumpy and with limited visibility, the event was nearly postponed! It cleared up around midday and we reinspected the course and started again. It was still really bumpy and with a pretty messy qualification I made it through into the heats. The finals were at night and starting with the outside gate I just went for it, nothing to lose. Managed to win my heat and proceeded through to the semi finals. In my semi final I got out quickly but managed to take a low line nearly missing the second gate, once i climbed back up I was back into 3rd unfortunately not going through to the finals. In the final my start wasn't as good and after running it low again I nearly missed the jump throwing my skis across to make it and landing on the flat as I lost my speed. I finished 8th and it was a pretty pleasing result.

No comments:

Post a Comment